Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmastime in the desert

I've been driving around town trying really hard to get into the Christmas spirit! It's awfully hard, however, when you're listening to Kurt Bestor's Christmas with the A/C on and the windows rolled down!!

Ahh, I guess that is what Christmas in the desert of Palm Springs is going to be like this year!

So it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and my apartment is all Christmasy ... beautiful new pre-lit tree with stunning blue, silver and white decorations. The collection of Santas and Frosty's are scattered throughout my bookcases and I am now downloading all my Christmas CDs onto my iPod. I really do love this time of year. But right now I am sure missing the frosty windows, crisp air and even snowy streets! Hopefully I will get a chance to experience some of that this holiday season.

This year was also one of the first when I didn't actually pry myself out of bed in the pre-dawn hours to wait in line for coveted Christmas gifts at Wal-Mart or Target. Instead I decided to sleep in a bit and hit the stores and the mall around 8:30 a.m. Really there wasn't much that I just HAD to have. But I did manage to find a few things here and there in my shopping excursions ... I never seem to have any problems finding things to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment