Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm a slacker!

OK, I admit it! I am such a blogging slacker. It was so great when I had oodles of time while I was in Japan to post on a regular basis. But now that I actually have a job ... well, I'm back in slacker mode. And, well, there really isn't anything all that exciting going on in my life.

I have been in Palm Springs for just more than a month now and I am really enjoying my job. The people I work with are great. I have two stellar reporters who make my job incredibly easy and a third reporter starts this week!

I'm learning all I can about my new community -- La Quinta -- and I actually have a column chronicling my adventures that runs each week in La Quinta Sun. It's called JK in LQ. So now the people of La Quinta will see just how amazingly witty I am! haha.

Last weekend I took a quick road trip to meet up with my mom and a bus full of crazy women on their Shop 'til you Drop trip. Each fall these women (usually myself included) board a bus in St. George at midnight and drive all night to the Los Angeles Fashion District where there are purse, sunglasses and clothing knock-offs aplenty. It's a full day of shopping fun ... Gucci, Prada, Coach, Rolex and more can all be found in The Ally. Just watch how they spell Gucci!!

After a day of shopping we then head to the hotel and crash. Some people go to Disneyland while others enjoy dinner and try and catch up on sleep they lost on the noisy bus the night before.

The next morning the bus is off to the Orange County Swap Meet -- a wonderful shopping experience with a little bit of everything. Fresh fruit, flowers, purses, the latest in kitchen gadgets, perfumes, home decor, artwork, even luxury cars, are all found in hundreds of booths. This is where I met up with my mom last Saturday. She also managed to transport some boxes of my kitchen stuff that didn't make it into the moving van last month.

We had a good time winding our way through the vendors and found a few small treasures. Since it was a simple 2-hour drive and right off the freeway, I'll have to head back there on those slow weekends when I really don't want to do laundry.

I'm officially a member of the Bermuda Dunes Ward now. Records are in and now I just await a calling ... haha! Actually I really would like to be back in Primary again. I really miss those adorable kids from the Snow Canyon 8th Ward in St. George. And ... I LOVE singing all those great Primary songs! I'm pretty sure I was the loudest "kid" belting out the songs during singing time ... especially when we sang "Scripture Power" or "Follow the Prophets."

Great! Now those songs are stuck my head!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment