Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Vacation time!

I am gearing up for a much-anticipated, long-awaited, extremely-overdue VACATION!
A trip back home to St. George and Salt Lake City may not seem like much of an adventure, but it's just what the therapist calls for ... haha!
I'm so excited to visit all my St. George friends. Even though it's only been a few weeks since I've seen them, I love and miss them all so much!

My favorite restaurants, too, await me. Green Chile Chicken Salad at Bajio, Steak Burrito at Cafe Rio, Chicken Tortellini with Creamy Pesto at Pasta Factory, Taco Time's Crispy Chicken Burrito, Honey-Baked Ham store's Bedda Chedda, The Empire State at Gandolfo's ... Ahhh the food! Can't wait! I have missed it so much. I'm so incredibly disappointed in the restaurants here in Palm Springs. There is fast food, crappy Mexican, fancy-schamncy places and completely over-priced wannabes regular faves. There is no where in this desert where I could get a lunch as complete as the Pasta or Pizza Factory lunches (drink, breadstick, salad and pasta) for under $7. Boy I miss Utah!
OK, enough about food...
While I'm home, I'm also going to enjoy one of my favorite summer traditions... The Utah Shakespearean Festival. "Twelfth Night" is on the schedule for a Saturday matinee! Last summer was the first in 11 years that I have not enjoyed all the plays at the Tony Award-winning festival.
After a weekend in St. George I'm heading up the 15 to the 'rents' place. Can't wait to hopefully reconnect with some friends I haven't seen in nearly a year or longer. And maybe, just maybe ... a certain returning, recovering soldier boy will find his way back home while I'm there!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...the Pizza Factory. One of my all time favorite places to eat. So...have fun in Utah and eat lots of good food for me.

    Before I forget...Ward Movie Night is September 15th. Our ward doesn't have the building, so I thought we'd do it in someones backyard. We'd have a concession stand, a big screen outside, etc. I like the whole CARS theme. Bishop told me to clear the movie with Bro. Miller, so I can do that. Also, I was thinking the Thatchers backyard. It's not huge, but it's big enough and they have the biggest yard of anyone I know. I am checking out the Doria's yard tonight (bishops suggestion). Also, we'll need to call Bro. Dave Fox in the Stake about the projection and us taking it to someones house. If that can't work, Shad has one we can use from his work, but we'll still need a screen. I figure worst case, we could tack up some white King Sheets to their house. You mentioned maybe rounding up something from work? Or did I dream that up? So I will let you know this weekend about where it will be at and we can get started on fliers. I figure I'll get some paper bags that look like movie theater bags for the popcorn and we'll buy a bunch of candy and soda from costco. Cheap but fun. What do you think????

    Also, trunk or treat is combined with all 3 wards at the stake center and we're doing it on Halloween Night (Wednesday).

    Christmas Party is on Dec 14th, Fri. night.

    You have no idea how hard it was to track down all of those dates. Bro. Knight was VERY concerned about anything interfering with highschool football games and we only get the building 2 nights a month (unless the stake wants it and then we're out of luck). So I am glad to finally have those dates down. Anyhow, sorry so long. And I love who you'd have lunch with. I am really fascinated by the JFK thing, so I loved that one. And of course who wouldn't want to stare at Brad for an hour.

    Have fun. Love-Lizzie

    ReplyDelete