Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's go down to the OzDust Ballroom

I just got home from a quick work trip to Los Angeles. I went there to sell cookbooks for one of my authors. Before all the cooking demonstrations and book selling, however, I managed to plan a trip to Pantages Theatre to see Wicked. It was so incredible! 


I've always loved going to the theater and I've been so blessed to have many opportunities to watch amazing plays and musicals (Thank you Utah Shakespearean Festival!) It's always such a joy to sit and watch a whole new world unfold through stunning scenery, powerful music, award-worthy acting and impressive dancing. From classic, much-loved productions like "Les Miserables" and "Phantom of the Opera" to comical farces like "Servant of Two Masters" and "Complete Wrks of Wllm. Shkspr (Abridged)," to little known powerful plays like "Stones in His Pockets" ... I have logged many an evening at the theater and that's not even mentioning all the Shakespearean productions! 

And now I'm so excited to add "Wicked" to my continually growing theater list. Here's a trailer for the touring production I thought I'd share. Check out the musical's website here.


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you ahd such an awesome time on your little work trip. That is cool that you were able to go to 'WICKED'. I watched the video and I am intrigued. We will have to see if we can go when they come to town. Keep your eyes and ears open for info on cheap tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun in LA. Too bad we didn't plan it better and I could have gone to the play with you. Thanks for your hrlp with my blog--I think you should stick to the LA time zone so my phone calls wouldn't be so late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey. so glad you had fun. I tried to read the book WICKED but didn't take a shine to it. I should check out the play if it comes to Seattle. Course Jeff would never goooo haha.....

    ReplyDelete