Friday, July 06, 2007

She's a Pepper!

My family had a recent scare earlier this week. My Aunt Marge suffered a stroke and was in a coma. The entire family, all planning on a great family reunion in a few weeks, was all extremely worried for her and her immediate family.

Seems, however, that she is starting to improve (no actual medical updates at post-time) and actually woke up yesterday ... Opening her eyes she said, "I think I'd like a Dr. Pepper."

As my mother so plainly stated, this family needs to invest in Dr. Pepper stock! A few years ago Aunt Marge and Uncle Lyle were in a serious car accident where the car rolled. As rescuers tried to free them from the car, they became alarmed at fluid that was leaking from the vehicle, worried it might be gasoline. Nope, no need to worry ... it was just a case of Dr. Pepper that had be punctured during the accident!

So Aunt Marge, I hope you get your Dr. Pepper real soon! I join the rest of the family, I'm sure, in my prayers for your speedy recovery!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    well, Jennifer, I'm cleaning off my desk cubby holes, and lo and behold, I found your Christmas card! So now I'm going to sit here and read all your stuff! We are also happy about Marge.
    Have fun at the wedding! I understand it's a very lucky day for brides (and maybe grooms)
    Auntie GeorgAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i would like to see more family visit our blogs... I didnt know that about the DP in the car funny..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha. that's awesome! i hadn't heard either of those DP tidbits. she's maintaining her sense of humor, that is for sure! go grandma!

    ReplyDelete