Thursday, October 18, 2007

The nose knows...

This morning I was getting gas and the stupid pump didn't switch off, so when I went to unhook the pump gas splashed on me and proceeded to pour out of the pump! UGH!
So all day I've been smelling like gas (no wonder I have a huge headache right now).

In honor of my smelly day I thought I would try and turn my thoughts to pleasant aromas ... So here is a list of my favorite scents:

* Freshly baked bread (my Lion House Rolls are the BEST!)
* Leather (especially when it's coming from a new purse or new shoes!)
* A new pack of spearmint gum
* Cologne on an attractive man (some faves through the years have been Polo, Drakkar, Armani Gio, Cool Water, Polo Black and others...)
* Clean laundry ... Tide, Bleach and a little Downy fabric softner: the perfect combination!
* Candles that smell like something sweet is baking: Sugar Cookie, Butter Pecan Pie, Vanilla, etc...
* Christmas trees
* Oil of Olay (memories of Mom always smelling like that)
* Rain

OK, I could go on for days, but not all I want is some good smelling man to cuddle up to while bread is baking in the oven, it's raining outside, the Christmas tree is shimmering, I'm snapping my gum and lighting a scented candle. Oh and unwrapping my new leather purse and getting ready to climb into clean, bleached sheets.
But wait ... I think I catch a faint wiff of gasoline still. Drat!

What are your favorite scents?

No comments:

Post a Comment