Saturday, November 17, 2007

BAH HUMBUG!

No, I'm not Scrooge! Not in the slightest. I can't wait for Christmas this year.

There is one thing I really dislike about the holidays, however, ... those sappy, unrealistic, over-acted Kay Jewelers commercials. "Every Kiss Begins With Kay" ... UGH!

The torture is just beginning and it will only get more and more sickly sweet after Thanksgiving. Why must this jewelry store torment me?!? Finding the perfect Christmas tree, decked in diamond earrings ... BLEH! A sweet child's Christmas poem to his mom muddied by a diamond pendant from his dad ... YEESH!

Why can't holiday commercials be as witty and hilarious as the Heineken commerical where little old grannies fight over bottles of the ale? Or what about my favorite: "I didn't leave him cookies. I left him CHEEEESE!" Those are great seasonal commercials!
(Of course I will never admit that the real reason I hate these over-played commercials: I would give anything to have something so romantic like that in my life. Nope, never going to admit that! haha! )

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog...very entertaining!! I love the Cheese comercial too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny. I love how you put "Ha ha" in your comments and blog. I can just hear you saying it. Miss you too.... but you sound happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:13 AM

    Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you forgot the one where the dad calls a truce to the snowball fight by holding out a zales bag. i'm sorry, but i've got my diamond and my man and they still make me barf! i haven't seen this cheese commercial...is it on youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like too many sappy ads either -- but there's one holiday commercial that always gets to me. It's for Maxwell House or Folgers or something like that. A family's college-age son sneaks into the house on Christmas morning and begins making coffee. The little girl spies him and yells, "Peter!" Then the rest of the family walks into the kitchen, rubbing their eyes, like he's a mirage. And then everyone smiles and hugs and drinks coffee.

    It's so much sweeter than it sounds. Chokes me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that coffee commercial, too! That one is a great exception to the sappy season ads!

    ReplyDelete