Thursday, January 24, 2008

Becoming Jane Austen

A devoted, yet somewhat uneducated fan of all things Jane Austen, I have been engrossing myself in her world of high society romance each Sunday night! Masterpiece Theater, on PBS, has been airing all of Jane's classics starting with all-new versions of the lesser-known books-turned-films. So far I've enjoyed "Persuasion" and "Northanger Abbey" and this week is "Mansfield Park." Between now and this Sunday, I think I'll have to go rent "The Jane Austen Book Club" and then catch "Becoming Jane" at the dollar theater!

Just now I stumbled onto this site where you can buy all the movies, books and even this totally great book: "Jane Austen Handbook : A Sensible Yet Elegant Guide to Her World" that also comes with ... get this ... A JANE AUSTEN ACTION FIGURE!!

Here's the little blurb: For all those readers who dream about living in Regency England, The Jane Austen Handbook offers step-by-step instructions for proper comportment in the early nineteenth century. You'll discover:
How to Become an Accomplished Lady
How to Run a Great House
How to Indicate Interest in a Gentleman Without Seeming Forward
How to Throw a Dinner Party
How to Choose and Buy Clothing

I don't think I'm going to be able to resist this! So cute!!
Now ... where can I get a MR. DARCY action figure??

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I adore Jane Austen and my sister told me about those PBS shows. Isn't Persuasion one of the best movies? I haven't watched any yet ... football is usually on our TV Sunday night (not by my choice). But I love the action figure. The question is: Who wouldn't want a Jane Austen action figure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ALL my sister has been talking about for DAYS! She has watched all of them that have been on PBS thus far, saying how many of them have never been made into movies before. I'd join in the fun, but no cable or dish, so oh well.

    Hope all is well with you. The pic of your dog makes me cold just looking at it!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Jane Austen! My Mom introduced me to her books when I was younger! Of course, I haven't read many but have seen the one's that were made into movies. I still want to see "Becoming Jane" and now that I've finally been reading on a regular basis, and have really been enjoying it, I need to go back and read the books. This Jane Austen Handbook sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete