Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My personal Hell

Doing a bit of online research at work today, I was looking through the program listing for satellite radio stations -- '80s, '70s, Top 40 and more ... But then I saw it ... my personal radio hell...


24/7 Bruce Springsteen

I know, I know, I know ...  he's THE BOSS. He's Mr. New Jersey. He's the greatest ... blah blah blah! 

I have NEVER been able to tolerate Bruce's music and I don't understand why he manages to get so much press when he goes on tour, cuts a new album, etc... 

So the idea of a 24/7 Springsteen radio station would be the worst form of torture for me. Forget Chinese water torture, thumbscrews, "The Rack." I will divulge the deepest of secrets hearing the first few notes of "Born in the USA." 

There are a few other groups and individual musicians who rank pretty high up there (Don't get me started on the lack of originality in ALL of Nickelback's songs or the elementary school lyrics of Sheryl Crow's tunes), but Bruce tops my Radio Hell list!

Who is your least favorite band/musical artist?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah the boss blows. I have never gotten Bob Dylan. I just don't get the voice and the crazyness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be torture to listen to Rod Stewart all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm right there with you! Never cared for him and I can't stand Sheryl Crow. Mariah Carey and Beyonce are on my list, too, both have great voices and are very pretty...but I think they are full of themselves:(

    ReplyDelete