Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shakin' in Tokyo

I experienced my first earthquake in Japan today! I was sitting in my room going through all my bags of souvenirs when things started to shake. I thought at first the wind was just really strong, but quickly realized it was an actual earthquake! I jumped up and headed for the doorframe and debated whether to run downstairs, but after a few seconds it was all over. It happened at about 5:17 p.m. and turned out to be about 4.8 magnitude. Pretty awesome! I was just thinking a couple days ago that an earthquake is one thing I had yet to experience here in Japan. So that is now checked off the list! I have no idea what magnitude it was, but it didn't seem like it was too big, though. Apparently one-quarter of all the world's earthquakes happen in Japan.

1 comment:

  1. You should feel special!! Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete