Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Fowl Meeting

Every morning on my drive to work, when I don't detour to Starbucks (I'm a sucker for the chai tea latte!), I drive pass the Layton City Park, aka the Duck Park. 


Now the water is actually a lovely walk deep into the park and not near the street, but one morning as I was driving by, I noticed a flurry of fowl, a gaggle of geese, a myriad of mallards.
 
It appeared to me like Mr. I-Once-Was-An-Ugly-Duckling GooseNeck had called a meeting of all the feathered inhabitants to discuss the severe stale bread shortage (this was during the cold winter months, afterall). It was either that, or the city park officials had rustled up the crew and herded them away from their watery home. A little Pre-Spring Cleaning perhaps? 

Well, over the ensuing weeks, I've realized this is a regular gathering. Clearly there must be a very important aviary revolt about to surface. 
You've been warned! 

3 comments:

  1. It's like The Birds! My only concern would be for Kallee ... who is deathly afraid of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This confirms it, I've always had a terrible fear of birds (not usually ducks and geese but nonetheless), when my sister and I were little she got pecked in the head by a Bluejay, it was awful. SCARY!

    ReplyDelete