Friday, June 22, 2007

The list is growing...

#59 - I thought of another favorite physical feature: My hands! I have very long, slender fingers and, when manicured, lenghty, strong fingernails ... all the more wonderful to claw my sister with while growing up!

#58 - I'm multi-talented. I can raise my upper lip in that Billy Idol-like snarl. LOVE IT! Combined with my cocked eyebrow ... that's sexy! haha! (couldn't find a pix of him with that trademark smirk ... oh well)

#57 - My younger brother enjoyed playing tricks while we were growing up. One that scared the holy hell out of me was when I walked into my bedroom one evening and he reached out from under the bed and grabbed my ankle! I screamed so loud! That was worse than any scary movie or any haunted house! I think I scared him, too, with my horrified scream. Thanks Jeff!

#56 - Growing up I always hoped I'd open up the kitchen cupboard and see the Hamburger Helper Helping Hand. Either that or the Pillsbury Doughboy! I really wanted to play with them ... Mrs. Butterworth would have been cool too,
but she seemed too "motherly." I wanted a fun playmate, not someone who made sure I ate all my breakfast.

#55 - Bad Luck Curse Moment: My first day of classes at Weber State University. I had just bought a car from my parents -- a sweet Nissan Sentra -- and I rear-ended someone!! It did a couple thousands dollars damage to my car, but only broke the bike rack on the SUV I hit. Good thing I was early for classes that day.


#54 - The most frightening movie I ever saw as a child was Walt Disney's "Watcher in the Woods." I saw it at a sleep over at the neighbor's house and it scared me to death! I saw it one other time and tried to sleep my way through it while others watched. I haven't seen that movie since. Too Scary!!

#53 - And then there was "V" the TV mini series that the nation was engrossed in about aliens invading Earth. It was great up until one of the humans, impregnated by an alien-posing-as-a-human, gave birth to twins. One was a lizard-like alien baby and the other was a human-like baby with a forked tongue! Freaked me out! Nightmares for a week, I think, with that one! Would actually like to see that mini series agein one of these days.

#52 - Guilty pleasure: I love eating a small handful of walnuts and chocolate chips. Not quite a cookie, but good to calm that craving (especially where there are only a handful of each left in the pantry).

#51 - The Utah Shakespearan Festival is launching it's summer season on Monday and I'm really, really sad I won't be there for opening night! That was one of the highlights of my job and this marks the second year I haven't been a part of it! SAD!

#50 - OK, I will admit it ... one of my (oh-so-few) flaws is that I like being right! I never have claimed to be a know-it-all, but I do have quite a bit of random information floating in my brain! I also tend to point out when people are wrong, too. I'm an egotistical brainiac ... what can I say?

3 comments:

  1. I have NEVER noticed you always wanting to be right. But, I don't know you really well yet, so maybe that fine characteristic will come out later. =) Cute blog! I'll see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my comment will let you link up to my blog, so just in case, here's the link:

    shadandlizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again. So it's funny that you mention the Canon Rebel. That's what my Mom has (she bought it about 3 years ago for about $1000). I LOVE her camera. It takes incredible pictures and has really low latency and a fast start-up time. Right now it's probably cheaper than $1000, but I'm not sure what Shad would think about me spending that much on a camera. And I need video to send clips to my family. Thanks for the adavice.

    ReplyDelete