Sunday, September 23, 2007

Beard Papa!


It's been more than a year since I returned from Japan ... more than a year since my last incredible Beard Papa cream puff. ... That is until yesterday! As posted earlier, I found a Beard Papa shop in Costa Mesa, just a couple hours away. So yesterday I embarked on a little adventure: Orange County Swap Meet shopping extravaganza followed by a sweet treat or two.

Well, the day wasn't as idyllic as I had hoped. I caught a cold (probably from the pretty drastic drop in temperatures ... 105 to 85 within a week ... not that I'm complaining!! It's beautiful outside). So I wasn't feeling so great, but I was determined to enjoy a nice Saturday morning. I enjoyed a great drive, complete with a lovely rainstorm, but when I arrived at the swap meet the effects of the rainstorm were obvious ... not many vendors. A little disappointed, I still managed to find a few fun things: knockoff sunglasses and a couple of really cute hats (yep, going to start wearing hats more!)

Starting to feel not so hot, I decided it was time to reunite with Beard Papa! The shop was inside a cute little Japanese grocery store. Kind of fun to see familiar sites: bakery items, people eating ramen noodles ... and fresh pastry puffs being filled with sweet cream! I splurged and bought a whole dozen ... enough to hopefully take to work and share.

Even though there were a few disappointments and I didn't feel well, it was a nice morning that was followed by a nice long afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment