Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New paint job



My apartment got a bit of a facelift on Tuesday. Well, I should really call it a botched facelift.

Making improvements to the complex, the management is repainting all the front doors and stair railings. Assuming they would just put a fresh coat of green on the doors (the complex is, afterall, Emerald Place), I instead came home to a door that is a bright shade of Coral ... or is it Salmon. UGH! It looks so horrible! And, to add to the ugliness, it's a high gloss paint ... so it's a shiny Coral!

The worst part of the whole door-painting was that the brilliant painters left my front door WIDE open once they were done. No workers watching the paint dry ... nope, they just left my apartment exposed, welcoming possible burglars, while my dogs sat in their crates. Luckily Lisa came to the apartment before anything could be stolen. Furious, I called the complex and they just blew it off.


Lisa came home today, too, to a wide open apartment ... but it's OK cuz it was a freshly painted door. What kind of idiots are running this complex?

1 comment:

  1. Call the apartment mangment head office and raise hell! get a free months rent and back everything you do in a letter to the main offices.

    ReplyDelete