Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas memories


I was sharing this crazy holiday story the other day and I thought it would make a funny blog post!

One Christmas Eve, as the excitment and anticipation of Santa's visit was building, my dad played a mean, evil, Scrooge-like trick. Thinking he was so clever, he pulled out a piece of cardboard and made a huge sign that said:
"Don't Stop Here, Santa! These Kids Have Been Naughty!"

After a lot of screaming and crying from us kids, and chiding from my mom, Dad brought the sign in the house just in time! Whew! I don't remember what we got that particular year, but I know that Santa did find the King Kids, despite my dad's "naughty" claims. Looks like Santa knew better!

So, now that I've stirred up these Christmases past memories, I just might have to share a few more stories. What are your fondest holiday memories?

1 comment:

  1. we used to have family scripture study when we were all little and my dad would draw cartoon illustrations of the stories right in our scriptures with a black marker. then we would color them in while my mom read the stories. on christmas eve, or morning, (all i know is that is was dark out)we heard a loud thud outside the door. we opened the door to find that "santa" had dropped off a huge new crayon set for us to color in our scriptures!

    ReplyDelete