Thursday, December 06, 2007

Soakin' in Seattle

I've been in Seattle ... er, Everett ... just over a week now and it's been a lot of fun! I just hope I'm being helpful enough!!
After a few days of "training" and getting a feel for their schedule, I'm now able to free up some of my cousin Chris' time for her own family.

Chris and I have managed to escape on a few shopping escapades! I've managed to find a few Christmas gifts and, of course, bought a few things for myself.

Marge and I also went to the hospital Tuesday for her Physical Therapy sessions. It takes Marge some time to get to and from the car, but she's getting along great! I know she's frustrated that she can't get up and go like she used to and she's struggling with her eyesight, but it's obvious she's getting stronger and better every day.

It sure has been rainy! In fact that lovely snow storm turned into a huge mess with lots of flooding. Luckily we stayed safe and relatively dry!

We've enjoyed quite a few home-cooked meals that I have been so excited to prepare! Finally somone to cook for!! I tried to recreate Marge's famous Swedish Meatballs. I think they turned out great, but apparently not quite like the master's. Oh well!
The biggest hit so far has been my Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Awfully tasty and super easy to throw together! Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
2 cups shredded chicken (for ease, you can use the canned chicken, 2 small cans)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 small can diced green chilies
1 small can chopped olives
2 cups shredded cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
8-10 corn tortillas

Blend all ingredients together, including cheese. Then either layer between torn up pieces of tortilla, or, rip the tortillas into smaller pieces and blend into the mixture.
Place in 9x13 pan. Top with more shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Great garnished with sour cream and salsa. Don't forget the tortilla chips!

1 comment:

  1. so I made that for my family this week...I got the recipe from Grandma...one of our favorites!!

    ReplyDelete