Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Calling all phone book companies

YellowPages. Local Book. Dex. Verizon. 

When will the phone book parade stop??
I'm so incredibly sick of finding a new, hefty volume sitting in the driveway. In fact on Saturday I actually received TWO different phone books within about 20 minutes of each other. 

What a completely ridiculous waste of paper! And where in the world am I suppose to store all 12 phone books I've received in the last 3 weeks? 

Now, if only there some way one could look up phone numbers digitally? 

Oh Wait! There is ... Dexonline and Yellowpages.com and trusty 411 (even if you do have to pay for it). And ... I almost forgot ... 1-800-FREE411

I am sure hoping the parade has stopped! Although I'm sure the "festivities" will begin again in a short 6 months. Maybe I can find a way to take my house off the parade route! 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. At work we have a huge drawer full of phone books. It's such a waste of space, especially considering I look up at least 99% of numbers online.
    I bet if I threw them all away no one would notice...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete