Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The case of the missing flowers

EDITOR'S NOTE: I wrote and posted this entry on Oct. 9 and, after reading it, realized I sounded pretty pathetic. But ... after some thought I've decided to re-post it. It was a pretty crazy story ... fitting for my crazy life! hehe And since this blog is about my life ... let the "crazies" be documented. 


I turned the ripe old age of 35 over the weekend! I know, I know, I know ... I don't look a day over 29. Thank you! You are too kind ... and so very right!

Having recently started dating a great guy a few weeks ago, I was excited for a possible delivery (ok, so a little birdie told me I would likely receive something) of a floral arrangement or gift of sorts to my office the Friday before the big birthday. Obvioulsy I was over-the-moon giddy that I was going to receive flowers for my big day. 35, afterall, is a pretty big landmark birthday! 

As the end of my day at work drew near, I began to realize there wasn't going to be a delivery in my future. Even though I was disappointed, I figured some sort of eventual surprise from this great guy would find me somehow.

Spending the weekend in St. George with friends, I was apart from my crush but received an early morning birthday wish with a question about when I was coming home. Ahh, I thought, he's planning something for my return.

Well, sadly he sent me a message the next day telling me he actually did send me flowers and chocolates to my office on Friday! What an incredible guy!! But ... where did they go? Why didn't I get them?

Apparently there is a "Jennifer" out there enjoying the aroma and beauty of MY flowers while munching on MY chocolates!

So, to that Wannabe Jennifer: I hope you are allergic to flowers and breakout from eating all that chocolate! 

3 comments:

  1. you should call up the flower shop and tell them you never got the delivery...you deserve it!

    and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE YOU!! I am really sad that they never came, that is just crazy. Your always so positive and have the best outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful! I hate the feeling of anticipation especially when everything falls through.
    I'm with Liz, you need to let them know you never got the flowers and have them resend them.
    Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete